Cook time35 minutes
- 8oz (half of a an Athens package of Phyllo) of Filo Dough
- 1/2 cup (1 Stick) of Melted Butter, unsalted
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 cups of Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Zest of 1 Orange, peeled into strips
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, grease a deep 9 inch pie plate and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add the milk, sugar, orange peel, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean, bring to a simmer and simmer slowly for 15 minutes then turn off and allow to cool slightly.
3) Meanwhile, crumble each piece of filo really gently and place in your greased pan, then once you have them all in there, slowly drizzle the butter evenly all over, pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
4) In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, salt and cornstarch, then while whisking slowly stream in the steeped milk, once it all comes together, drizzle slowly all over the partially baked filo, pop it back in the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, allow to cool completely before serving.
Report a problem