Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the Salsa Verde:
- 1-1/2 lb of Tomatillos, husks removed and washed well, cut into quarters
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced in half, you can use as many jalapenos as you like
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup of Loosely Packed Cilantro
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor The Fish:
- 1 lb of White Fish such as tilapia
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, in a baking pan, toss together the tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and olive oil. Pop into the oven to roast for 25 minutes then allow the mixture to cool.
2) Place the roasted and cooled tomatillo mixture in a food processor along with the juice of 1 lime, puree until desired consistency, place it in a tightly sealed container and pop it in the fridge for a few hours.
3) To make the fish, in a bowl, mix together the chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil, coat the fish with the spiced oil and grill on a hot grill pan for just a few minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4) Serve into some warm tortillas with the salsa and your favorite taco toppings!
Report a problem