Cook time30 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 Loaves
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt (2tsp if using fine table salt)
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 2 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- Sesame Seeds
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1 Egg White, beaten
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast, give it a stir, then add the water and oil and knead on medium speed for 3-5 minutes or until the dough is nice and smooth.
2) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with some plastic wrap and leave it somewhere somewhat warm to rise until doubled in volume, this can take up to 2 hours.
3) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle some cornmeal on the parchment and set aside.
4) Deflate the dough and dump on a floured surface, cut evenly in two pieces, shape each one into a loaf (don't worry if they look small at this point) cut a few slits on top of each one, place them side by side on your prepared baking sheet (give them some space in between) cover with a lint free towel and allow to rest for an hour and rise until doubled.
5) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, brush the egg wash all over the top and sides of the loaves, sprinkle with sesame seeds, then bake for about 25-30 minutes or until beautifully golden brown, allow to cool before slicing.
Report a problem