Cook time8 hours 0 minutes
Servingsserves 6 to 8
- 1 3.5lb Rump Roast
- 1 Tbsp of Dry Italian Seasoning
- 2 Yellow Onions, sliced
- 8 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of Beef stock
- 1 cup or a 12 oz Dark beer
- 2 Tbsp of Worcesteshire sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the horseradish sauce:
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- 1/4 cup of Sour cream
- 1 Tbsp of Prepared Horseradish (or more), to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Chives
- 1 Tbsp of Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Worcesteshire SauceRemaining Ingredients:
- 6 8 inch Crusty Rolls
- Sliced Provolone Cheese
1) Season the beef with a little salt and plenty of pepper all around. Sear it in a hot pan with the vegetable oil until brown on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
2) In the same skillet, add a bit more oil, saute the onions until golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
3) Place the onions, seared beef and remaining ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours or until super tender.
4) Remove the beef from the broth, either shred or slice against the grain really thinly. Place it back into the hot juices to soak for a few minutes.
5) Toast your rolls in a hot oven, nestle some of the beef and onions in the toasted rolls, top with cheese and pop them under the broiler to melt the cheese.
6) When ready to serve, serve with the Au jus (the broth that the meat cooked in) and horseradish sauce on the side.
Report a problem