Cook time40 minutes
- 4-6oz Chicken Breast, pounded evenly
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- All Purpose Seasoning of choice
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1 cup of Beef Stock
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Few Dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 4oz of Gruyere of cheese of choice, shredded
1) In a shallow Dutch oven, add one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon of butter, while that melts and preheats over medium high heat, season the chicken on both sides, then add to the skillet, brown on both sides and remove to a plate.
2) Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet along with the onions, salt and pepper, saute for about 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat, then add the brown sugar, cook until caramelized.
3) Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute then add the wine, reduce by half, add the stock, thyme and Worcestershire sauce, cook for 10 minutes, then add the seared chicken back in along with any juices collected at the bottom of the plate, cook ro 4 to 5 minutes minutes.
4) Top the chicken with the cheese, cover, cook until melted then sprinkle some parsley over top and serve right away!
Report a problem