Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes about a dozen
For the base:
- 12 slices of plain Sandwich Bread, I like either plain white sandwich bread for this or a honey wheat
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream (milk works as well)
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the filling:
- Diced Banana (one will fill all 12)
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Few Diced Strawberries
1) Cut the crust off the bread slices, then use a rolling pin and roll the slices out nice and thin, set aside.
2) In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and set aside.
3) To make the cream cheese filling, in a bowl, just stir together the cream cheese, lemon, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
4) Start rolling the bread with your desired filling (banana and Nutella or cream cheese and strawberry mixture) then place them seam side down on a plate while you finish the rest.
5) In a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, add about a tablespoon of butter, once melted dip the roll ups in the egg mixture and place them seam side down in the pan, continue with the rest (you might have to do these in batches)
6) Cook for a few minutes on each side then serve warm with maple syrup.
Report a problem