Cook time10 minutes
For the Okra:
- 1 lb of Okra, trimmed and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup of Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of All Purpose Four
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- Seasoned Salt
- Frying Oil
- 3/4 cup of Mayo
- 2 Tbsp of Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Finely chopped Dill Pickles plus 1 to 2 Tbsp of Pickle Juice
- 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika
- Dash of Seasoned Salt
1) In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce (taste and adjust according to preference) cover and pop in the fridge for an hour.
2) Add enough oil to a frying pan to come halfway up the sides of the skillet, preheat over medium heat until bubbly (around 360 degrees).
3) In a shallow bowl, mix together the egg, milk and seasoned salt (to taste), set aside, in a separate bowl, do the same with the flour, cornmeal and seasoned salt (to taste) and set that aside as well.
4) Working in batches, coat some of the okra in the egg and milk mixture, shake off any excess and coat in the flour mixture (some parts of the okra will remain wet and clumpy but that is fine!) shake of any extra dredging and fry until deeply golden brown, drain on some paper towels and continue with the remaining batches. Serve with the sauce and enjoy!
Report a problem