Cook time35 minutes
- 1 (18 ounce) box of Vanilla Cake Mix or 1 Batch of my Homemade Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of butter softenedFor the Filling:
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 5 oz of Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Rest of cake mix
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together 2 and a half cups of the cake mix, one egg and the butter until the mixture is very crumbly.
2) Press the crumbly mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13” baking pan and set it aside.
3) In the same bowl with the paddle attachment, add all of the ingredients for the filling including the remaining cake mix and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4) Pour the creamy mixture on top of the crust, then bake the cake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Allow it to cool completely before cutting and serving.
NOTE: DO NOT over bake this cake, it’s meant to be sticky and borderline gooey (as the name implies) in the center. I like to serve mine with berries tossed in a little fresh orange juice to off set the sweetness of the cake and provide some brightness.
Report a problem