Cook time minutes
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Pitted Kalamata Olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp Capers, drained if in brine
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and left whole
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 ozs Fresh Baby Arugula, washed and dried
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 ½ lbs of Baby Squid, Cleaned and tentacles removed and patted dry
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a grill pan to high heat, as high as it will go.
2) In a large bowl mix together the squid and the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
3) Grill for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4) While the squid cooks in another large bowl mix together all of your prepped vinaigrette ingredients and set aside. Once the squid is cooked add it immediately to the vinaigrette so that the hot squid can wake up all of the ingredients and toss everything to combine well.
5) Scatter the bottom of a large platter with the arugula and strew over the halved cherry tomatoes. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange the squid over the arugula, and drizzle the vinaigrette all over the top. Remove the garlic cloves and serve immediately.
Don’t be alarmed by the list of ingredients, this dish is incredibly simple to make and it is incredibly delicious and impressive. I promise you will make this dish over and over because it is addictive!
Report a problem