Cook time minutes
For the Chicken and Veggies:
- 2 (6ounce) Pieces of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Small Zucchini, washed and cut on a diagonal into thick slices
- 2 Small Italian Eggplants, washed and cut in thirds lengthwise
- 1 Red or Yellow Onion, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 3 tsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ Cup of Fresh chopped Basil (chopped fine)
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
1) Preheat your grill to medium high,
2) Drizzle the veggies and chicken with the olive oil and season the chicken only with salt and pepper. Place them on your grill and close the lid on the grill. Cook the veggies for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until they have grill marks on both sides. Cook the chicken for about 7 to 8 minutes or side or until cooked all the way thru. Remove to a plate and set aside wile you make the vinaigrette.
3) In a small bowl, combine the basil, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and the zest of half the small lemon. Cut that lemon in half and place it cut side down on the grill for about 1 minute. Then squeeze the juice of the grilled lemon in the basil mixture and mix to combine.
4) Lay the veggies out on a large platter and sprinkle some salt over the top.
Slice the chicken thinly and fan it out on a platter. Drizzle the basil and lemon vinaigrette all over the top of the chicken and veggies and serve!
Report a problem