Cook time5 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Ears of Fresh Corn
- 3 Scallions
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded (you might want to just use half if itís too spicy for your liking)
- 1/4 cup (or more) of Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
- 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a grill pan to medium-high, place the corn right on the grill pan and cook the ears of corn rolling them around until they develop some color.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the butter, paprika, a touch of salt and pepper, set aside.
3) Chop the scallions, cilantro and jalapeno nice and fine and add them to a bowl.
4) When the corn is just about done, start brushing it all over with the flavorful butter and allow it to cook for about 30 seconds on all sides so that those flavors really adhere to the corn.
5) Allow the corn to cook for about 10 minutes (or until itís cool enough for you to handle) and then cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
6) Cut your avocados in half, remove the pit, scoop out the flesh and place it in the same bowl as the chopped scallions, cilantro and jalapeno.
7) Add the juice of your lime along with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper and using a fork, mash everything together.
8) Add the corn kernels, mix everything together and enjoy with some good tortilla chips!
Report a problem