Cook time20 minutes
For the veggies:
- 2 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 Eggplant, sliced about 1/4" thick
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Ear of Corn
- Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup of Basil (loosely Packed)
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano
- 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 8oz of Orzo, cooked, drained and shocked under cold water to stop it cooking any further
- 1/4 cup of Kalamata Olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Handful of Chives of 4 Scallions, finely chopped
- 4oz of Mozzarella, diced
1) Lightly oil all the vegetables and grill on a hot grill until fully cooked, then set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile, make the dressing.
2) In a blender, add all the ingredients for the dressing, blend until smooth and set aside.
3) In a really large bowl, add the cooked orzo, top with the grilled veggies, season the veggies with salt and pepper, add the remaining salad ingredients and pour the dressing (you might not need it all so start with half) and give everything a good toss to combine.
4) Serve right away or cover and refrigerate until needed.
Report a problem