Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsMakes 8 to 12 slices
- 2-1/3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 tsp of Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Cloves
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Molasses
- 1 cup of Guiness
- 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9x5” loaf pan with nonstick spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper, set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add the guiness, molasses and butter, bring to a boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt, mix together and set aside.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar until combined, add the dry ingredients along with the guiness mixture and mix to combine well.
5) Pour mixture in your prepared pan, pop it in the oven and bake it for about an hour or until fully cooked through. Allow it to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem