Cook time15 minutes
For the Custard:
- 2 cups of Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Paste or 1 Envelope of Vanillina
- Small Pinch of Salt
- 2 Sheets of Store Bought Puff Pastry
- Confectioners Sugar
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
1) To make the custard, add all your custard ingredients in a large saucepan and with the heat turned off, whisk them all together to combine.
2) Place your custard over medium heat and cook it stirring the whole time until the custard thickens. Strain it through a fine sieve into a bowl, cover the custard with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic wrap is touching the custard) and pop it in the fridge completely.
3) Lay parchment paper on two baking sheets and lightly sprinkle with confectioners sugar, set them aside.
4) Lightly sprinkle some confectioners sugar on your work surface and lightly roll out the puff pastry (just enough to make it not so stiff, less than 1/2” on any side) cut the sheet of puff pastry into 9 squares and place them on your parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pop them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
5) Repeat this process with the other sheet of puff pastry.
6) Lightly dust the tops with a touch more confectioners sugar and place a sheet of parchment over the top. Place a clean (same size) baking sheet on top of the little squares (that are now covered with the parchment paper) and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. Repeat the same process with the other piece of puff pastry.
7) Remove from the oven, remove the baking sheet and parchment paper, flip the little squares over and allow them to bake for a few more minutes or until they are golden brown, allow them to cool completely!
8) When ready to assemble, place some of the seedless jam in a microwave safe bowl and pop it in the microwave for about a minute just to loosen it up a bit.
9) To assemble, lay one little square in front of you, paint the surface (using a pastry brush) with some jam, smear some of the custard over, top with another piece of pastry and repeat the same process.
10) Top with your last piece, dust with confectioners sugar and top with fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint.
Report a problem