Preparation2 hours 0 minutes
Cook time10 minutes
ServingsServes 4- 6
- 1 lb of Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed well
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Vinegar Powder to taste, I suggest 1 tsp for 1 lb of potatoes
1) Fill a large bowl with cold water and set aside.
2) Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes really thin (they should be see through) and add them to the bowl of water.
3) Allow the slices of potatoes to soak for a few hours making sure to change the water every hour.
4) Add enough oil to a large heavy duty pot to come up halfway up the sides of the pot and heat it to 375 degrees.
5) Working in batches, dry the potatoes really well on kitchen towels or paper towels (itís extremely important that each slice of potato is very, very dry).
6) Working in batches, fry the chips for a few minutes making sure to stir them around the whole time so they cook evenly.
7) Drain on a paper towel lined platter, sprinkle with the vinegar powder and toss them well!
8) Repeat with the remaining chips and enjoy them fresh!
Report a problem