Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes about 6 to 8 cakes
For the cake base:
- 1 box of Vanilla Cake Mix (15.25oz size)
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Vegetable Shortening, at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Milk
- 20 Vanilla Chocolate Candy Melts
- 4 Tbsp of Shortening
- 1 cup of Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper, spray with some nonstick spray and set aside.
2) prepare the cake mix according to package instructions, pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until fully cooked through. Allow to cool completely then pop it in the fridge.
3) To make the filling, in a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, whisk together the butter, shortening, fluff and vanilla until well combined, add the powder sugar and milk and whisk for about a minute or until the filling is nice and fluffy.
4) Pop the filling in the fridge for about 45 minutes along with the cake.
5) Add the vanilla candy melts and shortening to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted then divide the mixture between two bowls.
6) Spray a wire rack with some non stick spray or brush with some vegetable oil, place it over a baking sheet and set aside. Place the filling in a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and set aside.
7) Using a 3” cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut little circles out of the cake, then fill half of of the cutouts with the filling, top with another cake cutout and continue until they are all filled.
8) Take each little cake, dip the sides in one of the bowls of melted white chocolate mixture, place them on the wire rack and ladle some of the white chocolate from the reserved white chocolate mixture over the top (Watch the video for a clear visual if this sounds complicated), allow them to set for a bit while we work on the chocolate drizzle.
9) In a microwave safe bowl add the bittersweet chocolate candy melts and shortening and microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted.
10) Either with a spoon or a piping bag, drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cakes in zig zag pattern, then gently tap the wire rack on the counter (this is so the chocolate sets) and allow them to set until the coating and chocolate has hardened.
Report a problem