Cook time30 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 Cups of Split Yellow Lentils, washed and rinsed through a sieve
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp of Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups of Water
1) In a small food processor, add the onion and garlic and pulse until its really finely chopped.
2) In a medium saucepan, add the oil along with the onion mixture and ginger, turn the heat on medium and saute for about 4 minutes.
3) Add about 2 Tbsp of water to the onion mixture followed by the garam masala, stir for a few seconds, then add the lentils and water.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil, allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes or until the lentils have softened, season with salt and cilantro to taste.
Report a problem