Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes about 1 dozen
- 3 cups of All Purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, very cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp of Currants
- Additional 2 tbsp of milk and sprinkle of sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl, add the currants and some boiling water and set aside.
2) In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix to combine then add the butter, using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients then add the egg, drained currants and milk and continue mixing by hand until a dough forms, it's easier to dup it on a work surface to pull it together.
3) Roll or pat the dough into an 1/2" disk, use a biscuit cutter to cut out your scones, place them on your prepared baking sheet, brush them with milk and sprinkle with a touch of sugar, bake for 25 minutes and eat warm with cream and jam.
Report a problem