Cook time15 minutes
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 1/4 cup of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp of or packet of Vanilla
- 1 cup of Milk, slightly warm
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Granulated Sugar
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, sugar, yeast and salt, give it a quick stir then add the eggs and butter and with the speed on low, while mixing, add the milk and knead on medium speed until it forms into a dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl (oil the top as well) cover and allow to rise until doubled.
3) Once risen, deflate and divide into 8 equal portions, form each into a ball, place them on a baking sheet, cover and allow them to rest for 20 minutes.
4) Prepare a couple baking sheets with some parchment paper and lightly oil them (this is to insure they don't stick and it works better than flour). Take each ball, roll into a long rope then form into an oblong circle pinching the seams at the end (watch video to see how I do this) place them on your prepared baking sheet making sure to place them a couple inches apart. Lightly oil the tops and wrap with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled.
5) Fry the donuts in hot oil (350 degrees) until golden brown on both sides then dip into granulated sugar and serve!
Report a problem