Cook time40 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups of Water
- 1/4 cup of Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbsp of Capers
- 1 Tbsp of Good Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
1) In either a large cast iron or regular skillet with high sides, get it nice and hot over medium high heat with about a tablespoon of oil, season the chicken on both sides with some salt and sear until golden brown on both sides, remove to a plate or if the skillet is big enough, add all the chicken to one side and leave room for the onions.
2) Add some more oil to the pan, add the onions, garlic, bay leaves and rosemary, coat them in the oil then place the chicken on top and let those onions cook for a few minutes.
3) Reduce the heat to medium low, add the tomatoes, water, olives and capers bring to a boil then cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the chicken falls apart and the sauce has thickened.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste, add about a tablespoon of good balsamic vinegar to the sauce then remove from the heat, top with some parsley and serve with some crusty bread.