Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the poaching broth and seafood:
- 1 Lemon, halved
- 4 cloves of Garlic, smashed
- Few Sprigs of Parsley
- 1 tsp of Peppercorns
- 2lb of Mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1lb of Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1lb of Squid, cleaned
- 1lb of Cooked Octopus
- 2 Stalks of Celery, finely minced
- 4 Tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, smashed but left whole
- 1/4 cup of Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or more according to taste)
- Salt, to taste
1) Fill a large pot 3/4 of the way with water, add the lemon (juice it as well), parsley, garlic, salt and peppercorns, bring to a light boil, let boil for a few minutes, then add the shrimp, poach for a couple minutes until cooked through, followed by the calamari and octopus, set aside to cool slightly.
2) In a separate pot, add about a cup of water followed by the mussels, cover, cook over medium heat until the mussels open, drain (discard any that didn't open) and set aside.
3) Place the chopped celery, parsley and garlic in the bottom of a bowl, then start chopping the poached seafood and place them on top of the celery mixture (no need to chop the mussels, just remove them from the shells and add them right in).
4) Add the olive oil, lemon juice and a good pinch of salt, stir together well (taste and adjust to your personal preference) cover and refrigerate for a minimum of an hour but best for a few hours.
NOTE: I suggest you watch the video so you can see the step by step of the poaching process and to understand the process if you purchase raw octopus.
Report a problem