Cook time20 minutes
- 1 lb of Little Neck Clams, scrubbed well
- 1 15 oz can of Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 10oz of Spaghetti
- Small Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Chopped Basil and Parsley
1) Place the clams in a large saucepan with about ½ cup of water, cover the pan with a lid and steam the clams for a few minutes or until they all open. Remove the clams from the pot reserving ½ cup of the clam juice (don’t take the juice from the very bottom of the pot because there might be sand in it), set aside.
2) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in some salt and bring to a boil.
3) In a skillet with high sides, saute your garlic with the oil over medium-high heat, add the hot pepper flakes and canned cherry tomatoes and about ¼ cup of water, turn the heat down to medium and cook the sauce for about 8 to 10 minutes.
4) At this point, add the spaghetti to your boiling water, cook according to package instructions and drain well once they are cooked.
5) Add the clams and reserved clam juice to the sauce and let that mixture cook for about 9 to 10 minutes.
6) Taste the sauce and season according to taste, add some fresh chopped basil and parsley and toss it with your drained pasta. Serve immediately!!
Report a problem