Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder, sifted
- Pearled Sugar, optional
- Granulated Sugar
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
2) Remove 2 tbsp of flour, set it aside, then add the remaining flour, salt and baking powder to butter mixture and mix with a spatula until incorporated.
3) Divide the cookie dough into 2 bowl, to one bowl, stir in the cocoa powder and to the other half fold in the couple tablepsoons of flour we reserved. Cover the cookie dough and place them in the fridge for 15 mintues.
4) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out and roll all the dough (the chocolate and vanilla) then take one of each, attach them together and roll around in your hand to combine them (watch video for clear instructions) then dip just the top half in the pearled or granulated sugar and place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheet.
6) Bake them for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bottom is lightly golden, allow to cool then serve.
Report a problem