Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1 small Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb of Green Beans, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, quartered
- Few Sprigs of Parsley
- Few Sprigs of Basil
- Olive Oil
- Pastina of choice
- Freshly grated parm
- Rind from a piece of Parmiggiano
1) In a large soup pot filled with water, add all your veggies including herbs, along with a generous pinch of salt and a good drizzle of olive oil, bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low, simmer for 10 minutes, then add the Parm rind and simmer for about 45 minutes.
2) Once the veggies are cooked, remove the rind, carefully pass them through a food mill (you can also just puree them in a blender or using a hand held blender) add the puree back in the broth, bring to a boil, add pastina and cook according to package instructions.
3) Serve with an extra sprinkle of Parm and a drizzle of the best extra virgin olive oil you can get your hands on!
Report a problem