Cook time30 minutes
For the Chicken and Filling:
- 2 Large Chicken Breast, about 12 ounces each or 4 Smaller ones, butterflied and pounded thinly
- 4 oz of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar
- 3 Scallions, finely chopped
- About 4 to 6 Slices of Bacon
- 4 Jalapenos, seeded and sliced into thin slices
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Light Olive Oil or any other Flavorless Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, scallions and black pepper, set aside.
2) Lay out a butterflied piece of chicken on your work surface, season with some salt and pepper, add half the filling on one side of the chicken breast, smear it as much as you can, then top with thinly sliced jalapenos, and roll it nice and tight like a cigar.
3) Wrap a couple pieces of bacon around the rolled chicken breast so itís covered from top to bottom, set aside and repeat with other piece.
4) Add a drizzle of light oil in an oven proof skillet, preheat over about medium-high heat, once itís nice and hot, add the wrapped chicken breast sear until beautifully golden brown on all sides, then pop them in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
5) Remove from the oven, take the chicken out of the pan, place on a plate, cover with some foil to keep warm and meanwhile, work on the sauce.
6) Remove any excess fat swimming in the bottom of your skillet (but donít get rid of any of the cheese that has leaked out of the chicken) add the garlic, milk and cream to the skillet, cook over medium heat until thick and reduced by half.
7) Finish the sauce with some fresh parsley, then slice your chicken and serve over a bed of the delicious garlic cream sauce!
Report a problem