Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 12 Jalapenos
- 4oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it well with some non stick oil spray (or brush it with some vegetable oil with a pastry brush) set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar, granulated onion, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper, set aside.
3) Halve the peppers lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and ribs, set aside.
4) In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and a small pinch of salt and pepper, set to one side and in a different shallow bowl mix the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and in a final shallow bowl add the flour salt and pepper, mix with a fork and set aside.
5) Now that all of your components are ready, you can start filling and rolling.
6) Fill each jalapeno half with the filling (donít over fill) dredge it in flour, dip in the egg mixture and roll in the bread crumbs, place it filling side up on your prepared baking sheet, proceed with the remaining jalapenos and filling.
7) Spray the tops and all around well with some oil spray and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy all around, allow to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem