Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 1 jar
- 12 oz of Fresh Cranberries
- 1/2 cup of Water
- The Peel of 1/2 of an Orange
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup of Sugar
1) In a saucepan, add the cranberries, water, orange peel and cinnamon stick. Cook on medium low for about 8 minutes then remove from the heat.
2) Remove the orange peel and cinnamon stick, add the cooked cranberries to a food processor, process until it forms into a thick pulp, then add it back into the saucepan along with the sugar, cook on medium low for about 7 minutes.
3) Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve (you’ll need to work it with the back of a spoon) then pour the silky smooth mixture into a lightly greased jar and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
4) Loosen the sides of the cranberry sauce with a knife then unmold, slice and enjoy!
Report a problem