Cook time35 minutes
For the crust:
- 2 cups (loosely packed) of Mini Pretzels
- 1 Packet, about 9 whole Graham Crackers
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 14oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 cup of Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Zest of 2 Limes
- 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Sour Cream
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, overline a 9 inch square baking pan (both sides) with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Crush the pretzels in a food processor until mostly sandy with still some bigger pieces left behind, remove to a bowl, then add the graham crackers, crush until completely sandy, then add the pretzels back in the food processor along with the butter and sugar and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3) Press the mixture evenly in your prepared pan (a little up the sides as well) and back it in using the bottom of a measuring cup, pop it in the oven for 10 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and condensed milk well for about a minute, then add the lime zest and juice, mix thoroughly, add the mixture to the partially baked crust and bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool to room temperature then pop in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
5) to make the topping, whip the cream with the sugar until develops, still peaks, then fold in the sour cream, evenly spread on your cooled and set bars, cut into squares and dig right in!
Report a problem