Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the poaching liquid:
- 2 Large Chicken Breast
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Onion, halved
- 1 Head of Garlic, halved horizontally
- 3 Stalks of Celery, roughly chopped
- Small handful of parsley
- Salt to tasteFor the filling:
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz of Bacon, chopped
- 2 Leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced and thoroughly cleaned
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/3 cup of all Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
- 2 Sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Egg beaten with 1 tbsp of milk or cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley and salt, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, add the chicken, reduce the heat down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, remove to a bowl to cool and set aside.
2) In an oven proof shallow dutch oven, add the bacon, cook until crispy then remove to a plate and discard the fat.
3) Add the butter to the skillet along with the leeks and a pinch of salt, cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the leeks have cooked down, developed some color become tender, add the flour, stir well for about 30 seconds then add the wine, allow it to cook out for 1 minute then add 3 cups of the stock from the chicken along with teh cream, carrots and seasoning of choice. VBring to simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, meanwhile, shred your chicken.
4) Add the shredded chicken and parsley, adjust the seasoning to taste, cook together for a couple minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool a bit.
5) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry to fit your pan (you might need to use 1.5 pieces like I did) then place it on top of your filling, brush with the beaten egg mixture and season with some salt and pepper.
6) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until deeply golden brown, allow to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem