Cook time10 minutes
- 2 Fillets of Cod, patted dry on both sides
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Light Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of White Wine
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp of Butter coated in some flour
- Cooked Rice, for serving
1) Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper, lightly dust each side with the flour, shake off the excess and add it to the hot skillet. Cook for a couple minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy on both sides and fish feels firm to the touch, remove from the skillet and set aside.
2) Discard most of the oil except one tablespoon, add the garlic, let it sizzle for just a few seconds, then add the wine, water, lemon juice and a pinch of salt, allow to cook and reduce by half.
3) Dip the butter in some flour, add it to the pan along with the basil and allow to cook for about a minute or until the sauce thickens.
4) Spoon the sauce over the fish and rice and serve!
Report a problem