Preparation3 hours 0 minutes
Cook time30 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 rolls
- 2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup of Water, warmed up to 115 degrees
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 4 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter, to brush over the top before bakingFor the Filling:
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 2 Large Lemons
- 2 cups of Fresh BlueberriesFor the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp of Butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
1) In a small bowl, combine the water and milk, warm it up either in a small saucepan or the microwave just be careful not to heat it over 115 degrees F. Sprinkle 1 tsp of sugar over the milk mixture along with the yeast and set it aside for a few minutes.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, sugar and salt. To the yeast and milk mixture, add the melted butter, egg and vanilla, mix briefly and add it to the bowl with the dry ingredients. On medium speed, let the dough knead for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it looks smooth.
3) Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and set aside. Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball. Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top of the dough with a little vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise for about an hour and a half or so.
4) When doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15x9” rectangle. Spread the soft butter over the top and sprinkle the the sugar, lemon zest and blueberries evenly over the butter. Starting from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a jelly roll form. Cut into 16 slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut-side down in a well buttered 9x13" baking pan or large round pan. Cover with plastic wrap and put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 45 minutes or until doubled.
5) Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
6) Once risen, brush them with some melted butter and bake them for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) While the rolls cool for a few minutes make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients of the glaze in a bowl except for the milk, once the cream cheese is all mixed, slowly add the milk and mix until you get a runny glaze consistency. Immediately pour the glaze over the rolls and enjoy!
Report a problem