Cook time minutes
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup of Whole Milk
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tsp of Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp of Vanilla ExtractFrosting:
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1 ½ tsp of Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups of Confectioner Sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a 12 piece cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand help whisk or you can do this in a big standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and incorporate well.
4) Add the sour cream, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until its all well incorporated.
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix them in to combine but make sure you don’t over mix.
6) Using a large ice cream scoop, divide your batter evenly in lined muffin tin. Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
For the frosting:
7) In a large bowl using a hand help whisk, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until you have a creamy frosting.
8) Pipe or spoon on each cupcake and enjoy!
Report a problem