Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes about 2 cups
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 3 Lemons
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- Pinch of Salt
1) Cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs add egg yolk and cream everything together well. Add the Lemon juice and zest and whisk it all together, donít panic if the mixture curdles, it will all work out at the end!
2) Pour the mixture in a saucepan and cook on medium low heat for about 10 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
3) The curd will be done when it thickens and coats the back of the wooden spoon. Pour the mixture in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic is touching the curd so it prevents a skin from forming).
4) Allow to cool completely in the fridge before serving.
Report a problem