Cook time20 minutes
- Ĺ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- ĺ cup of Plain Yogurt
- Ĺ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- Ĺ tsp of Baking Soda
- Ĺ tsp of Salt
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp of Poppy Seeds
- 1 Envelope of Vanillina or 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of 1 Large Lemon or 2 small lemons
- Juice of One LemonFor the Glaze
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- About 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, vanillina, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine together the butter and sugar, add the eggs, lemon zest and juice.
4) Add the yogurt and make sure itís combined (donít be scared if the batter splits at this point).
5) Add the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate and get a creamy mixture but donít over mix.
6) Divide your batter evenly among the muffin liners and bake the muffins for about 18 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
7) Allow the muffins to cool completely!
For the Glaze:
8) Combine the sugar and lemon juice with just enough milk to get a runny consistency but not too runny otherwise it will drizzle off the muffin.
Report a problem