Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 10 oz of Brown Lentils, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup of Crushed Tomatoes or any tomato product (not ketchup)
- 2 or 3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 3 Stalks of Celery, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups of Short Cut Pasta
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot 2/3 of the way with water. Add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, garlic, parsley, celery and olive oil and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce the heat a simmer and cook the soup for about 1 hour to 1 hour and a half or until the lentils are soft and tender (enough water should have evaporated at this point that the soup is looking a bit thick).
3) Add the pasta along with salt and pepper and cook until the pasta is cooked al dente. Cover the pot with a lid and let the soup sit off the heat for 10 minutes.
4)Serve right away!