Cook time20 minutes
- 12 oz of Linguine
- 2 lbs Little Neck Clams, scrubbed and soaked
- 1 Fresno Chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, thinly Sliced
- 4 Strips of Thick Cut Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup of Fresh chopped Parsley
- ½ cup of White Wine
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the bacon and let it cook until lightly crisp, remove to a plate. Remove the bacon fat if your bacon renders out too much!
3) At this point, add the pasta to the boiling water.
4) In the same skillet over medium heat, add the oil along with the garlic, Fresno, and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley.
5) Sautee the garlic mixture until the garlic starts to brown lightly, add the wine and let it reduce for about a minute.
6) Add the cleaned clams, place a lid on the skillet and let them cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or until they all open up.
7) Drain your pasta but reserve about ¼ cup of the starchy cooking water.
8) Add a little of the water to the clams mixture, turn the heat up to high and let it bubble away.
9) Add the butter along with the cooked and reserved bacon, remaining parsley and season with salt and pepper.
10) Toss the pasta in the clam mixture and serve right away!