Cook time minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the Pesto:
- 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tbsp of Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 Small Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Fresh Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the remaining ingredients:
- 1 lb of Linguine
- Salt and Pepper
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in some salt, bring to a boil and add the linguine, cook according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the starchy pasta cooking water.
2) In a food processor add the basil, pine nuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper. Start pulsing everything together and slowly add the olive oil. Once you have everything combined add it to a bowl and stir in the parmiggiano reggiano.
3) Add the cooked drained pasta to the same large pot and add in the pesto and the reserved cooking water. Toss everything together until it’s all combined.
4) Plate in on a large platter and sprinkle over some extra cheese and some freshly grated black pepper.
Report a problem