Cook time10 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Pecans
- 3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
1) In a small skillet, add the pecans and toast them on medium-low heat until deeply golden brown and fragrant, allow to cool a bit then pulse until pulverized one a mini processor, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about a minute.
3) Add the pecans, flour and salt, mix until incorporated (dough will be sticky) wrap the dough in some plastic wrap (form it into a disk as you wrap it) and pop it in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
4) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a few baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Allow the dough to come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before rolling it out (if you leave it in the fridge longer than an hour then it will take much longer to soften so keep that in mind), cut the dough into 2 pieces and roll each piece between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper (you're looking for a little thicker than 1/8 inch thick) cut out your shape (remember you need a top and bottom with the top having a little hole cut out so you can see the jam) place them on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely before sandwiching them with the jam.
Report a problem