Cook time40 minutes
ServingsMakes about 18-20
For the filling:
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1lb of Ground Chicken, Turkey or Beef
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, minced
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup of Water
- 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp of Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano
- 1 Chipotle In adobo
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1oz of Softened Cream Cheese
- 4oz of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- Corn Tortillas, or any tortilla of choice
- Thinly Shredded Iceberg
- Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream Mixed with the Juice of 1/2 Lime and a pinch of salt
- Queso Fresco
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a medium size skillet, add the oil, allow it to preheat over medium heat, add the chicken and onions, hit them with a pinch of salt and cook while stirring to break up the ground chicken and it develops some color.
3) Add the garlic and tomatoes, cook about 30 seconds, then add the spices, tomato sauce, water and cilantro, simmer about 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste, stir in the cream cheese and set aside.
5) Warm the tortillas either in a small skillet or in the microwave covered with a dampened cloth or paper towel.
6) Stir the shredded cheese in your filling, (remove the chipotle pepper) oil one side of the tortilla, flip so the oiled side is on the bottom, add a bit of filling, roll like a cigar and place seam side down on an oiled baking sheet, repeat with the remaining tortillas.
7) Bake for 10 minutes (I bake them on the lower third rack) then flip them over, bake for another 10 then remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
8) Place the taquitos on a platter, top with the lettuce, tomatoes, lime sour cream, cilantro and crumble queso fresco all over the top and enjoy!
Report a problem