Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Stock:
- 2 Lobster Tails (about 10oz each)
- 5 cups of Water
- 1 ½ Cups of White Wine
- 1 tsp of Fish Base
- 2 Sprigs of Parsley
- 1 tsp of Black Peppercorns
- ½ tsp of SaltFor the Bisque:
- 1 Bulb of Fennel, chopped
- 2 Leeks, white part only and washed well and chopped
- 2 stalks of Celery
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Cognac
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 3 tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley
- ¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Stock:
1) Fill a large pot with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the lobster tails and cook them for about 7 minutes (no more than that)
2) Remove the lobster tails and place them on a plate to cool completely.
3) Remove the meat from the shells and place the meat on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge.
4) Add the shells to the water along with the wine, fish base, parsley, black peppercorns, and salt.
5) Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 25 minutes.
6) Strain the liquid into a bowl and discard of all the shells and everything else. Set the broth aside.
7) In a large soup pot, add the butter and sauté the leeks, carrots, celery and fennel in it for about 10 minutes or until the veggies have softened.
8) Add the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute.
9) Add the cognac and brandy and let it reduce (this will take less than a minute)
10) Add the homemade stock along with the herbs and canned tomatoes.
11) Bring to a boil and let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are nice and tender.
12) Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup so that its nice and creamy, place it back in the same pot, season it with salt and pepper and add the cream. Let the soup cook on low for just a couple minutes.
13) Meanwhile, sauté the lobster meat in a couple tbsp of Butter over medium high heat for about 3 minutes or until the pieces of lobster are fully cooked through.
14) Ladle the soup into bowls and top it with a few pieces of the lobster meat and some fennel fronds.
Report a problem