Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the chicken and marinade:
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Light Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 to 2-1/2 lb of Drumsticks or any cut of your choiceFor the sweet potatoes:
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of ButterFor the Brussels sprouts:
- 1-1/2 lb of Brussels Sprouts, halved
- Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- A touch of freshly grated Parm
1) In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade, give it a taste, adjust to your preference, score the top of the chicken in a few places with a sharp knife, place the chicken in a large resealable bag, pour over the marinade, seal the bag and shake it around to make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade. Pop it in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight making sure to flip it around a few times.
2) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, drizzle a little oil on it and set aside. Also line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set that aside as well. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (400 if you feel like your oven gets really hot)
3) Boil the sweet potatoes until tender (but not soft and mushy) allow them to cool a bit, then cut them into thick rounds, place them on the prepared pan, smash them lightly with a fork or your hand, top them with a dot of butter. Meanwhile in a bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts with the oil, salt and Parm, scatter them on the other side of the baking sheet along side the potatoes.
4) Add the chicken to the prepared roasting pan (along with the marinade, and place it skin side up) drizzle some of the marinade on the sweet potatoes, pop both baking pans in the oven, roast for about 30 minutes (the veggies might get done sooner so keep your eye out for them) and let the chicken continue roasting until deeply caramelized (glazing it with the marinade every 10 minutes).
5) Drizzle some of the thickened sauced over the sweet potatoes before serving and dig in!