Cook time minutes
- 23 Mini Fillo Cups
- ½ cup Toasted Walnuts
- ½ cup Toasted Almonds
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar (plus 1 ½ tbsp of sugar for the syrup)
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Zest of Half an Orange
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Salt
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the fillo cups into the wells of a mini muffin pan and toast them for 5 minutes.
3) Add the nuts, salt, cinnamon, melted butter, 2 tbsp of sugar and the orange zest to a food processor and pulse until you get coarse crumbs.
4) Add 1 tsp of nut mixture into each fillo cup and bake for 10 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, make your syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the water, honey, 1 ½ tbsp of sugar and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until the syrup reduces and thickens.
6) Once the baklavas come out of the oven, pour 1 tsp of the syrup over each one and allow to soak in and then repeat with another teaspoon. Allow these to cool on the counter for 30 minutes then pop them in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
7) Plate them up on a pretty platter and go to town!
8) You will forever be grateful for this recipe, no more layering and all that fussy stuff. These are so easy and delicious and you will love them!
Report a problem