Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes about 36
- 36 Vanilla Wafers
- 2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp of Sour Cream
- Zest of 1 Small Lemon
- ¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup of Melted Unsalted ButterFor the Cherry Compote:
- 2 ½ cups of Fresh Pitted Cherries
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a couple of mini muffin tins with non-stick spray and and place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each one (flat side down)and brush a little melted butter on top of each one.
2) In a food processor or standing mixer, add the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar and give it a wiz to combine.
3) Add the eggs, lemon zest, vanilla bean paste, flour and salt, blend it all up until it's nice and creamy (no lumps allowed.
4) Divide the batter in the muffin cups and bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges look set and the middle is just slightly jiggly.
5) Cool at room temperature, pop them in the fridge to cool completely for at least 4 hours.
6) To make the compote, in a large saucepan, add the cherries, lemon juice and sugar, cover the pan and cook them on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the cherries release their juice.
7) Add some of the juice in a small bowl and mix it with the corn starch, add it back into the saucepan, cook the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes or until it thickens.
Report a problem