Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes about 12
- 8oz of Crabmeat
- 3 Scallions, trimmed
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- Zest of Half of a Small Lemon
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp of Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Parsley
- 1 tsp of Worcesteshire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Mayo
- ¼ cup of Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the sauce:
- ½ cup of Mayo
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp of Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Scallion, trimmed and finely minced
- Zest of the Remaining Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a small food processor, add the scallions, parsley, lemon, mayo, and garlic. Puree until smooth.
2) In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, scallion mixture, old bay, egg, worcesteshire sauce, a touch of salt and pepper and panko. Mix it all together, cover and stick it in the fridge for about an hour.
3) Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, using two tablespoons, drop little mounds of the crabmeat mixture in the hot oil, then lightly flatten them a bit to form a patty.
4) Cook them for about 3 minutes on each side.
5) Place them on a paper towel lined plate to cool for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce:
6) Combine the mayo, scallion, remaining zest of the small lemon, juice of half of the lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
7) Mix it all together and serve it with the crab cakes.
Report a problem