Cook time45 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1lb of Italian Sausage, cut into coins
- 1 Small Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- 2 cups of Marinara Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes
- 8 cups of Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz of Mini Ravioli
- 2" Piece of Parmesan Rind
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Freshly Grated Parm
1) In a heavy bottomed Dutch oven over medium heat, add the one tablespoon of olive oil and the sausage and saute until mostly cooked through, remove to a plate (if the sausage renders a lot of fat, discard it).
2) In a food processor, add the onion, celery, carrots and garlic, pulse until very finely chopped, add to the pot with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the sausage back in along with the stock, sauce, Italian seasoning, basil and parm rind, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Add the ravioli, cook according to package directions, then right before it’s ready adjust it for seasoning, serve with freshly grated parm.
Report a problem