Cook time50 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the Meatballs:
- 1-1/2 lb of Ground Turkey
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp of Poultry Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the remaining recipe:
- 1 Sheet Store-Bought Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Frozen Pearl Onions, thawed
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Few Leaves of Fresh Sage
- 1 Egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp of water to make egg wash
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 4 large oven safe bowls with a little butter or use a large casserole dish, set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the meatballs and shape them into little meatballs, about 1 tsp each.
3) In a large pot, heat up a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat, add the meatballs (you will most likely have to cook the meatballs in two batches) and brown on all sides. Remove to a plate and set them aside.
4) Add the butter and allow it to melt, add the chopped carrots, celery and onion. Add a small pinch of salt and allow the veggies to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they have developed a bit of color.
5) Add flour and stir it well for about 30 seconds, add the stock, partially cooked meatballs, fresh sage and fresh thyme. Bring the mixture up to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
6) Add the pearl onions, peas and cream, simmer for about 5 minutes. At this point, check the mixture for seasoning and adjust to taste.
7) Roll out your sheet of puff pastry so increases in size about an inch on both sides, if youíre making a big pot pie rather than small ones, you donít need to cut it. If youíre making individual ones, cut the pastry into 4 squares and set aside.
8) Ladle your filling into your baking dishes, brush the edges of the baking dish(es) with some egg wash and place a piece of the puff pastry over that. Make a small slit in the center, brush the tops with the egg wash, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and pop them in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Report a problem