Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes a few dozen (depending on size)
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Warm Water
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Packet of Italian Vanilla or 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest and Juice of One Orange
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 LemonFor the Chocolate:
- 2 cups of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp of Vegetable Oil
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add all of the ingredients for the dough, mix on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until you have a really smooth dough.
3) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour.
4) Roll it out onto a floured surface about 1/3 of an inch thick. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough unto 2 inch strips on a diagonal, then cut through the strips on a diagonal again to form a diamond shape.
5) Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush the tops with water.
6) Bake them for about 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly golden.
7) Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
8) Place the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is melted.
9) Dip the whole cookie (or just one side) in the chocolate making sure to shake off the excess chocolate and place them on the wire rack.
10) place the coated cookies in the fridge to set the chocolate and serve! Once they set in the fridge, you can can keep them at room temperature.
Report a problem