Preparation18 hours 0 minutes
Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsMakes 1 Loaf
- 3 cups of Bread Flour
- 1-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of Water thatís been warmed up to about 115 degrees
1) In a small bowl, mix together the yeast with the sugar and warm water, set aside until the yeast is foamy and activated, about 4 minutes.
2) In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients including the water and yeast mixture, and using a wooden spoon mix everything to mix (you will have to finish by hand because it gets a little hard to mix near the end with the wooden spoon) until the flour is incorporated with the water.
3) Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and leave it somewhere undisturbed for about 18 hours.
4) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, place a dutch oven in the oven to preheat it as well.
5) After 18 hours, scrape the dough (which will be very thin and sticky) on a floured surface and just pull it together into a loose ball, add it to the hot dutch oven, put the lid on and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, after 30 minutes remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Report a problem