Cook time30 minutes
- 1 lb of Firm Eggplant
- 2 pints of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced (2 for tomatoes and one for breadcrumbs)
- Fresh Basil and Parsley
- Plenty of Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 8 oz of Fresh Mozzarella
- 3 slices of Fresh Italian Bread (or a couple of small rolls)
- 1/2 cup of Grated Parm
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aide.
2) In a shallow baking dish add the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt, toss and pop them in the oven.
3) Thinly slice the eggplant (not too thin, not too thick) , place them on your prepared baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil on both sides and pop them in the oven for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
4) Meanwhile make the breadcrumbs. In a food processor add the bread, garlic, herbs and parm and pulse until they become nice and fine. To a large skillet, add a couple tbsp of olive oil, allow it to come to temp over medium heat then add the crumbs cook while constantly stirring until brown and crispy.
5) When it's all ready, plate it all up. Add the eggplant on a shallow platter, top with the tomatoes, mozzarella and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs then drizzle some olive oil, salt and herbs.
Report a problem