Cook time30 minutes
For the dough:
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- About 1/3 cup of Ice WaterAdditional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of Nutella
- Eggwash, one egg beaten with a splash of water
- Chocolate Sprinkles, optional
1) In a food processor, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter, pulse until the butter is distributed well throughout the dry mixture.
2) Add the egg and while pulsing, start drizzling in the water and pulse until your dough comes together when pinched with your fingers. Divide the dough in half, wrap each half in plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge for 45 minutes.
3) Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface (let them rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes after you take them out of the fridge) roll out into a rectangle and cut out 8 equal size pieces (watch the video for better in depth instructions and tricks).
4) Fill 4 of the squares with about one tablespoon of nutella, smear the nutella around a bit making sure to leave the edges clean for the eggwash. Brush the eggwash around the edges, take another piece of dough, place it on top of the nutella filled one and using a fork (dip it in flour as you go to prevent it from sticking) seal the edges, place the pop tart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, prick the top of the pop tart with a fork, then brush with eggwash.
5) Repeat this step of filling the pop tarts until you run out of dough. Pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (I know I mentioned 375 in the video but I meant to say 350, oops!) Bake the pop tarts for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown, turning the baking sheets around to insure even baking.
Report a problem